Guidelines for Requesting Reimbursement for Faculty Recruitments
Faculty recruitment expenses should be charged to the departmental account initially. When candidates’ approved initial visits are complete, departments may request reimbursement via this link
Please sign on to the form using your UCSBnetID@ucsb.edu email address. To attach receipts, click on the paperclip icon at the bottom of the form; to remove an attachment, click again on the paperclip icon and select the X next to your document.
- The College will reimburse its departments for eligible faculty recruitment costs up to a total of $5,000 per search. Eligible expenses for reimbursement are advertisement costs and reasonable transportation and lodging expenses for up to three candidate visits.
- Travel must be in compliance with UC policies and procedures (please see UCOP policy BFB-G-28), and every effort should be made to secure the most economical and cost-effective travel arrangements possible.
- If the department anticipates exceeding the $5,000 limit, the chair should contact the divisional dean in advance to discuss options.
- Unless prior approval has been obtained from the divisional dean, expenses for more than three candidate visits remain the responsibility of the department.
- Reimbursement for searches between Colleges will be addressed on a case-by-case basis; the chair should consult with the divisional dean in the early stages of the search.
- Reimbursement funds must be requested before the end of the fiscal year in which they are incurred, unless an exception has been approved by the divisional dean.
Expenses Eligible for College Reimbursement:
- Reasonable transportation and lodging expenses for duration of visit, in accordance with UC travel regulations.
- Advertising costs, online and/or in print.
- Meals purchased by candidate for candidate only, in transit or while in Santa Barbara.
The Department is Responsible for:
- Spouse’s travel expenses, if incurred
- Faculty entertainment expenses with candidate (e.g., group lunches and dinners). This includes hosted meals.
- Second visits by candidate and/or spouse.
Contact Cathy Pollock with any questions regarding reimbursement eligibility (firstname.lastname@example.org).