For each search, please submit the completed reimbursement request form and copies of all supporting documents to email@example.com in the College of Letters & Science, MC 2080.
Guidelines for Requesting Reimbursement for Faculty Recruitments
- The College will reimburse its departments for faculty recruitment costs up to a total of $5,000 per search. Eligible expenses for reimbursement: advertisement costs, and reasonable transportation and lodging expenses for up to three candidate visits.
- Travel must be in compliance with UC policies and procedures (please see UCOP policy BFB-G-28), and every effort should be made to secure the most economical and cost-effective travel arrangements possible.
- If the department anticipates exceeding the $5,000 limit, the chair should contact the divisional dean to discuss options.
- Expenses should initially be charged to the departmental account; after all candidate travel is complete, departments may request reimbursement via the Recruitment Advertising and Travel Reimbursement Request form.
- Reimbursement funds must be requested before the end of the fiscal year in which they are incurred, unless an exception has been approved by the divisional dean.
- Unless prior approval has been obtained from the divisional dean, expenses for more than three candidate visits and/or for expenses that exceed the College reimbursement limit remain the responsibility of the department.
- Reimbursement for searches between Colleges will be addressed on a case-by-case basis; please ask the chair to consult with the L&S divisional dean in the early stages of the search.
Expenses Eligible for College Reimbursement
- Reasonable transportation and lodging expenses for duration of visit, in accordance with UC travel regulations
- Advertising costs, online and/or in print
- Meals purchased by candidate for candidate only, in transit or while in Santa Barbara
Expenses which are the Department's Responsibility
- Spouse’s travel expenses, if incurred
- Faculty entertainment expenses with candidate (e.g., group lunches and dinners). This includes hosted meals.
Contact our Financial Coordinator with any questions regarding reimbursement eligibility (firstname.lastname@example.org).